- Customized and Individualized Scheduling Our regular opening time is 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM Monday through Friday. There are many ways to make an appointment when you want to see a doctor. You can call, email or use our website. You will be able to see primary doctors and specialists depending on your conditions. First time visitors are well advised to use our website for a more efficient scheduling service. Request an Appointment
- Language Assistance The International Healthcare Center provides in-hospital concierge service through coordinators. They offer English, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Arabic, Mongolian translation, escort, and counseling services throughout the overall medical process from appointment, treatment, billing, examination and administration. Learn more
- Financial Counseling for your conveniences For most organizations, we can arrange direct billing services. This means that if ever you have to use our hospital, our administrators can bill your embassies or your insurance companies directly. Learn more
- One-to-one Escort There are more than 100 volunteers, helping international patients use our hospital more conveniently. Most of them are hospital employees, including doctors, nurses, and technicians. They are always willing to help you like your best friends.
Second Medical Opinion
A remote medical second opinion is a valuable resource when you face complex medical issues or difficult treatment decision. Our online second opinion program offers patients access to leading specialists at Asan Medical Center.
Departments offering a remote second opinion
For most medical specialties, second opinion service is available. But for certain medical conditions, our service is not available
- Psychology- not available due to language barrier
- Children’s Hospital- not available if the patient requires long-term ICU care or the patient has multiple congenital anomalies that have already fully evaluated in other medical facilities.
- Orthopedic Surgery & Rehabilitation Medicine- second opinion can be provided. But please be aware that due to long-waiting list for surgery, surgery can be scheduled up to 1 year later.
- Pulmonology- not available for pulmonary interstitial fibrosis
- Dermatology- only available for skin cancers
- Radiology and Pathology- Extra fee should be paid for the radiology/pathology service.
- It takes at least 3 working days to receive a remote second opinion. Do NOT use this service for medical emergencies.
- All medical reports and records must be submitted in English or Korean. We are unable to provide translation service.
- Request for second Medical Opinion If you have a medical opinion from your physician and would like to receive second opinion from Asan medical center, please fill out second opinion request form Learn more
Tips for second medical opinion process
- Obtain all of your medical records pertaining to your diagnosis in English or Korean.
- Go to Asan website and fill out second opinion request form.
- Enter all medical information required by Asan second opinion team.
- Second opinion team will review and provide comprehensive report may take up to approximately 7 business days.
- You can get formal medical opinion from the second opinion team in English or Korean.
AMC International Healthcare Center (IHC) provides foreign patients living in Korea and overseas with primary treatment as well as services such as referrals to specialty departments, emergency care, prescription, immunization and vaccination, and medical check-ups for visa application and students planning to study abroad. Moreover, IHC offers a one-stop total care service for foreign patients such as appointments for treatment and examinations, billing, admission and discharge, medical reports and issuing CDs, etc.
- International Healthcare Center
- Specialty Departments
- Examination room
- Emergency room
- Billing & Insurance
- Issuing Documents & CDs
- Immunization and Vaccination
When patients from abroad need to request an appointment, they should fill out as much information as possible such as symptoms, diagonosis, medical history, medication, preferred treatment, etc. If patients attach test results and images conducted within three (3) months by other hospitals, IHC will be able to respond to your questions much quicker. IHC is committed to providing foreign patients with quicker and optimal services in four steps.
- Reviewing Medical
- Treatment Plan & Cost
- Lodging & Transportation
- Reviewing Medical
- Interpretation Service
- Daily Rounding
Step 3 Discharge Education
Step 4 F / U care (Happy call or email)