Since its establishment in June, 1989, ASAN Medical Center has achieved a world-class medical reputation as it has continued to aggressively invest in R&D and clinical treatment. AMC also has carried out its social responsibility as a respected hospital by fulfilling the spirit of ‘respect for life’ and ‘sharing pain with neighbors.’
AMC is leading medical development in Korea with their competitive skills and cutting-edge equipment comparable to those of advanced foreign hospitals.
ASAN Medical Center is the parent hospital of eight hospitals under the ASAN Foundation. Since its establishment in 1977, ASAN Foundation has launched nonprofit programs in social work and scholarships as well as academic research. In particular, ASAN opened hospitals in rural areas where modern medical resources are scarce, fulfilling a mission of the founder Chung Ju-young - ‘to help the neediest in our society.’
01Global medical complex
–ASAN Medical Center
AMC is the largest medical institution in Korea with a total of 2,704 beds occupying about 85,000 square meters. ASAN has been leading Korea’s medical development by satisfying customers as it is equipped with world-class medical professionals and optimal treatment systems based on advanced medical systems as well as cutting-edge medical equipment. As a result, AMC sees 11,610 outpatients, 2,568 inpatients, and 304 emergency patients on average a day while performing about 63,118 highly sophisticated surgeries per year. Today ASAN Medical Center enjoys a reputation as the most-visited best hospital in Korea.
- The most respected hospital in Korea for 11 consecutive years – Korean
Management Association Consulting (KMAC) (from 2007 to 2017)
- No. 1 in great workplaces in Korea – KMAC, 2012
- No. 1 in KS.SQI – Korean Standards Association, 2012
- No. 1 in global customer satisfaction survey for four consecutive years –
Japanese Management Association Consulting (JMAC) (From 2008 to 2011)
- Grand prize for global standard management in the social responsibility
category – KMAR, 2010
- No. 1 in national customer satisfaction index (NCSI) – KPC, 2010
- Selected as a research-driven hospital (customized anticancer therapy, medical
robot system and medical equipment, chronic disease, U-healthcare,
development of molecular imaging technology, development of infection
disease treatment, adult stem cell-based cell therapy) -
Ministry of Health and Welfare, 2013.
- No. 1 in successful organ transplantations on liver, kidney, pancreas, and
heart – Korea Network for Organ Sharing (KONOS), 2012.
- First class in operative mortality rate of gastric cancer, colon cancer, liver cancer
– Health Insurance Review & Assessment Service, 2012.
- No. 1 in number of patients and treatments - National Health Insurance
- No. 1 in successful surgeries on 9 of 10 most common cancers - Health
Insurance Review & Assessment Service (HIRA), 2007, 2006.
- Korea’s No. 1 in performing surgeries on top 6 cancer patients – Ministry of
Health and Welfare, 2007
- Korea’s No. 1 in performing surgeries on 30 major diseases – National Health
Insurance Corporation, 2006
- Selected – Ministry of Health and Welfare
02AMC – setting a global
standard as a medical leader
Medical development is made possible as the spirit of respecting life is combined with tireless research of basic science and numerous clinical trials, treatment experience, and advanced medical techniques. AMC strives to become [a global standard in the world medicine as a leader of medical development in Korea rather than competing with local counterparts.
To this end, AMC is ceaselessly committed to clinical research for basic medicine, industry-university R&D, and overcoming cancer through industry-university-institute collaboration centering on the ASAN Institute for Life Sciences and the Clinical Research Center.
Today’s cutting-edge medicine is no longer confined merely to treating illnesses, easing pain, and recovering patients from disease. It aims to eradicate the root causes of illness to make people live a healthy life without suffering from any disease.
AMC is at the forefront of the development of future cutting-edge medicine which combines medicine and engineering. Here, the Clinical Research Center is recognized for its exceptional ability in clinical research as it plays a pivotal role in medical development by focusing on research activities instead of theoretical studies while entering into clinical trials agreements with global leading pharmaceutical companies since last year.
03Delivering greater love with
advanced medical skillsr
AMC gives its profits back to society and fulfills its founding spirit through free medical services for the less privileged neighbors.
Therefore, AMC wants to become a warm-hearted hospital that shares the pain of their patients by fulfilling the objectives of ‘maintaining first-class medical services’ ‘sharing love with neighbors’ and ‘sharing and generosity.’ We also make a constant effort to treat patients like family and offer friendly services.